Squid Fry/Kanava Fry
1) Squid/Kanava/Koonthal- ½ Kg
2 Turmeric powder – 1 tea spoon
3) Chilly powder- ½ table spoon
4) Black pepper powder – ½ table spoon
5) Garam Masala- 1 tea spoon
6) Ginger + Garlic paste – 1 tea spoon
6) Salt - To taste
7) Coconut pieces (fresh) – 3 table spoon
7) Curry Leaves- As required
8) Oil – As required
Clean the fish well, as it is a fresh water fish the smell of the fish is different than the normal fish, so please scrape carefully the fish to remove the black narrow skin using a small knife and wash it thoroughly and again rub it with crystal salt, vinegar & 2-3 pinch of turmeric powder.
Marinate the fish with 2-7 ingredients from the above list and keep it for half an hour. Take a pan and heat sufficient oil. Add marinated squid on a medium flame for about 4minuts. Then close the pan with lid once the fish stars to produce water and cook for 6-7 minutes. Then take the lid off and add curry leaves and cook again in 2 minutes for medium high heat till the water content dissolve. Your Squid Fry is ready to serve.