9 June 2009
1) Crab – 1 kg
2) Red chilly powder – 4 teaspoon ( I used Kashmeeri chilly powder)
3) Coriander powder – 4 teas spoon
4) Pepper powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
5) Garam Masala powder – 2 teaspoon.
6) Garlic pods – 8 nos.
7) Ginger – ¾” pieces – 2 nos.
8) Turmeric powder - 1 ½ teas spoon.
9) Crushed whole pepper- ½ Table spoon.
10) Green chilly – 4 nos.
11) Big onion – 4 nos.
12) Tomato – 3 nos.( medium)
13) Coconut Milk – ¾ cup ( Optional)
14) Curry leaves – A required.
Clean the crabs well using salt, little turmeric and lime juice so the raw smell will go completely. Then crush the half of garlic, ginger, and add turmeric powder and crushed whole pepper. Then marinate the same with the cleaned crabs for about 10 minutes. Then cook the same for about 10 minutes with very little water (no need to put more water, as the crab it self produce water.)
Heat coconut oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic, green chilly and onion one by one then sauté it until the onion turns to light brown, then add the Masalas (chilly, coriander, pepper & garam masala) and sauté again for 1 minute in slow fire then add curry leaves and chopped tomatoes and sauté until the tomato pieces are well cooked. Then add the coconut milk, when it starts boil add the cooked crabs carefully and cook in a slow fire until the Masala cover the crabs.
Take a serving dish and place the carbs and pour the balance gravy over it and enjoy the dish!!!