20 April 2012
Dry Gobi Manchurian
1) Cauliflower florets – 2 cups.
2) Maida or All-purpose flour- 5 table spoon.
3) Corn flour – 3 tbsp.
4) Garlic Paste – 1/4tsp
5) Chilli Powder – 1/2tsp
6) Pepper – 1/4tsp
7) Salt- to taste.
8) Water – 1/4 cup.
9) Ginger chopped – 1 ½ table spoon.
10) Garlic Chopped - 1 ½ table spoon.
11) Green chilly chopped – 2 nos.
12) Big Onion chopped – 1 no.
13) Chilli sauce- 1 ½ Table spoon.
14) Soya sauce – 1 table spoon.
15) Tomato sauce- 2 teaspoon.
16) Capsicum chopped- As required
17) Spring Onion – 3-4 nos.
18) Oil- 2-3 table spoon.
Dip the cauliflower florets in slight hot water for 4-5 minutes. Take care not to overcook florets. Drain the water and make the florets dry with kitchen towel.
Mix the ingredients 2-7 and add water slowly to form a batter. The batter should be thick enough so that it covers cauliflower florets evenly.
Heat oil in a pan for frying. Dip cauliflower florets in batter and put them in hot oil one by one carefully. Deep fry them until they get golden color and become crispy.
For making sauce.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Then add onion, green chillies, garlic and ginger. Fry for some time. When onion becomes soft add capsicum. Fry again for 2-3 minutes. Add tomato ketchup, soya sauce and red chilli sauce. Fry for a minute. Finally add fried cauliflower florets and toss gently. Finally garnish with green onions.