1 April 2012
Mushroom Manchurian -Gravy
Ingredients for marinating the Mushrooms
1) Mushrooms - 1 Packet.
2) Maida flour- 3 table spoon.
3) Corn flour – 2 table spoon.
4) Red chili powder – ½ table spoon.
5) Coriander powder – ¼ table spoon.
6) Salt – to taste.
7) Oil – for frying.
Make the batter using the above ingredients (batter should be in a medium texture, not too loose or not too thick).
Hot oil in a frying pan, once the oil is hot dip the mushrooms in the batter and drops it carefully to the pan. Deep fry the same until they turn in to a slight golden brown colour and keep aside.
For making the sauce.
1) Onion – 1 no
2) Ginger – 1” piece.
3) Garlic – 6 nos.
4) Green chilly – 5 -6 nos.
5) Spring onion- ½ bunch
6) Soya sauce- 1 table spoon.
7) Tomato sauce – 1 table spoon.
8) Red chili sauce – 1 table spoon
9) Corn Flour – 1 table spoon.
10) Honey – 1 table spoon.
11) Cilantro (coriander leaves- chopped) – 1 table spoon.
12) Water – 1 cup.
13) Oil – 1 table spoon.
Heat oil in a pan and add cubed onions and sauté for 1 minute then add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilly one by one and sauté until it turns slightly golden,
Then add all the sauces expect honey. Sauté again for few seconds. Then add the fried mushrooms and sauté well to seep the flavors in to it. Finally add the corn flour dissolved water in to it and sauté it until it become a thick gravy type.
Remove the dish from the fire and add the honey, chopped spring onion and coriander leaves. Your dish is ready to eat.