1) Dry prawns-125 gm.
2) Tomato chopped– 2 nos.
3) Green Chilly –2- 3 nos.
4) Raw mango – 1 no.
5) Vegetable Drumstick- 2 nos.
6) Red chili powder – 3/4 table spoon.
7) Coriander powder- ¼ tablespoon
8) Turmeric powder– 1 teaspoon
9) Grated coconut-½ piece of a coconut
10) Chopped Ginger – 1 teaspoon
11) Shallots (chumanulli)- 15 nos.
12) Curry leaves – as required
13) Salt - as required
MethodDry roast the dried prawns in a pan, for few minutes. Remove from heat. Remove its head and tail and keep aside.
Grind the grated coconut in to a fine paste with turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and with 2-3 shallots.Take a mud pot, add chopped mangos, tomatoes, drumstick, green chilli, chopped shallots & dried prawns with 2 cups of water and mix well. Cover and cook it in a low flame until the shrimps are cooked well. Now add the coconut paste to the cooked shrimps and mix again and cook for about 5-6 minutes. Do a taste test at this stage and adjust the salt, if required.
Finally do the seasoning that would give the perfect taste to your curry.
1) Mustard seeds –1 teaspoon
2) Fenugreek seeds- ½ teaspoon
3) Shallots – 2-3 nos.( chopped)
4) Curry leaves –As required
5) Oil- 1 table spoon.