1) All Purpose Flour – 1 ½ Cup ( 375ml)
2) Baking Powder- 1 teaspoon
3) Baking soda-1 teaspoon
4) Mashed Ripe Bananas – ( Medium – 3-4)
5) Thick Coconut Milk – 125ml ( You can make at home or you can buy ready made)
6) Lime Juice – 15 ml
7) Unsalted Butter softened( in Room Temperature)- ½ Cup ( 125 gm)
8) Sugar – 1 cup( 250ml)
9) 1 large egg
10) Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Method to Bake the Cake
Take a big bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep aside.
In another bowl, combine bananas, coconut milk and lime juice. Set aside. (I used a blender to mix all)
In a third bowl, add butter , sugar , Egg and vanilla extract and mix well using a hand blender in medium speed till smooth. (Tip makes the sugar powdered before use).
Then add dry ingredients (All-purpose flour) alternately with banana mixture.
Finally pour the cake mixture in to a loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour (Preheat the oven for about 15 mints in 180) or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Let cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan and slicing.