Kerala Beef Curry & Beef Fry
1) Beef cleaned – 1 kg
2) Big Onion - 2 big
3) Garlic – Thinly sliced 8-10 pieces.
4) Ginger – 1 ½ inch size piece
5) Green chilly – 3-4
6) Coconut pieces - 1/2 cup thinly sliced
7) Tomato – 1 medium (sliced)
8) Oil – As required
9) Sault – As required
10) Curry Leaves – As required
1) Red chilly ( I used Kashmiri powder)- 2 ½ Table spoon
2) Coriander powder – 3 table spoon
3) Turmeric powder – 1 tea spoon
4) Pepper powder – 1 tea spoon
5) Garam Masala – 1 ½ table spoon
Clean the beef and put all the Masala (1-5) one by one and marinate and keep aside for ½ hour.
Take the pressure cooker & add oil then splutter the mustard seeds. Then add coconut pieces and fry for few minutes, then garlic, ginger, green chilly and big onion and sauté till the onion start to brown then add tomato pieces and salt and sauté again for few minutes till tomatoes are well cooked. Then add marinated beef and mix well and put 2 cups of water and close the pressure cooker and cook for about 12 whistles.
If you want the beef in a Curry form- Open the cooker and enjoy the curry.
In a frying pan, put the beef from the cooker and allow dissolving the gravy from the curry and put some oil and sauté on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes till it is completely dry.