Red Chilly Fish Curry
1) Fish- 500 gm
2) Red chilli powder- 2 ½ Table Spoon (I used kashmiri chilli powder 1 ½ & ½ spoon of Normal chilly powder)
3) Turmeric powder 1 tea Spoon
4) Ginger- 1 ½ Piece( Chopped for grinding-( keep some portion for frying)
5) Garlic – 8- 10 pieces ( Chopped for grinding -(keep some portion for frying)
6) T Shallots - 3 or 4 (chopped for Grinding)
7))Tamarind pulp ( Big Gooseberry size) or 3 pieces of kudampuzhy
8) Curry leaves - 1 sprig
9) Oil - 2 table spoon
10) Mustard Seeds- ½ tea spoon
11) Water - 2 cup
12) Salt - to taste
13) Fenugreek powder- ½ tes spoon
Mix the ingredients 2-6 with some water and grind well and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a pot(I used Chatty here (earthern pot). Add Mustard seeds and let it splutter.Then add chopped shallots ,ginger & garlic and saute till light brown .
Add the ground mixture of 2-6 and saute utill you see oil separate from the Masala (use low flame). Then add sufficient water, salt and socked kudampuzhy or tamarind pulp.
Let it boil , then Add fish pieces and cook till the fish pieces are done in a medium heat.
I prefer to add a pinch of fenugreek powder to the curry at this stage. Shake the pot gently to mix all the things together. Do not use a spoon. Cover the fish curry with a lid and let it rest for 1- 2 two hours.