How to make Cherupayar thoran
1) Green Gram /Cheru Payer – 1 cup
2) Water – 1 ½ Cup
3) Shallots (Kunjjulli) – 5 nos.
4) Green chilly – 3nos.
5) Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
6) Curry leaves – As required
7) Salt – to taste
1) Dry chilly – 1-2 nos. (Broken)
2) Mustard seeds- 1 ½ teaspoon
3) Shallot – 2-3 nos. (Chopped)
4) Curry leaves – As required
5) Oil- 1-2 table spoon. (Coconut oil /any vegetable oil)
Wash the green gram and pressure cook in high falme for about 5 whistles only then keep aside to pressure off, in the mean time pulse the fresh coconut, green chilly, turmeric powder & shallots in a blender in 2 times and keep aside.
Take a pan and transfer the cooked green gram in to it (if it is not cooked well cook again some more minutes with little water) then add the coconut mix in to it with sufficient salt & mix well cook again for 1-2 minutes in slow fire then sauté gently for 1 minute until all the water contents disappears.
Then heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds then add broken dry chilly , chopped shallots and curry leaves one by one and sauté until the shallot becomes golden brown then pour this seasoning over the Cheru payer. Your Cheru payar thoran is ready to serve.