17 May 2010
Check out something simple and quick dish that I made for my dinner yesterday.
This is a tasty recipe filled with flavour. It’s easy to make and is especially good if you have any leftover white rice.
1) Basmathi rice- 1 cup
2) Lime- 2 nos.
3) Dry Chilly – 02 nos.
4) Green Chilly – 02 nos.
5) Ginger- ½ teaspoon
6) Urudu Daal – 1 table spoon.
7) Chana Daal- 2 table Spoon
8) Curry Leaves- 5-6 Leaves.
9) Mustard Seeds- ½ teaspoon
10) Asafoetida – 2 pinch
11) Peanuts – 3-4 table Spoon
12) Turmeric Powder- ½ teaspoon.
13) Any vegetable oil – 2 table spoon
14) Salt – to taste
15) Coriander leaves-chopped - Few
Fill a large pan with water and bring to a rolling boil. Add the rice and then cook until tender but not too soft. Drain into a large strainer and leave to cool completely.
Heat oil in a pan and pop up mustard seeds, then add peanuts, chana dal, urdu dal sauté for few second, then add dry red chilies, green chilies, ginger, turmeric powder, Asafoetida and curry leaves, again sauté for few seconds, next add the cooked rice and mix well. (Without breaking the rice grains) Remove from the fire and add lime juice and enough salt again mix well. Your Lemon rice is ready to eat,