Raw Banana Erissery
1) Raw banana – 03 big and cut it in to cubed shape.
2) Water – 3 cups.
3) Chilly powder- 1 tea spoon
4) Salt- As required
5) Turmeric Powder- ½ teaspoon
6) Garlic clove – 1 no.
7) Cumin seeds – 1 pinch
8) Green Chilly – 2-3 pieces.
9) Grated fresh coconut- ¾ Cup.
10) Shallots – 4 nos.
Pressure cook the cubed banana pieces with chilly powder and salt together for around 2-3 whistles and keep aside to pressure off. Open the cooker and smash the ingredients. Pulse the ingredients 5-10in a mixer and add it in the smashed banana mix and boil it for few mints and adjust the consistency of the curry and adjust taste at this stage (if u doesn’t like the errissery in thick form- u can add more hot water to loose it).
Most important – The original taste of this dish will come out only after the seasoning with the coconut.
Note: So don’t be a miser in putting a handful of fresh coconut while seasoning.
1) Grated coconut – 1 handful
2) Shallot- 5-6 pieces finely chopped.
3) Curry leaves – As required.
4) Red chilly – 1-2 pieces
5) Mustard seeds- As required.
6) Oil- As required
In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds, when they pop up add the dry chilies, curry leaves and add chopped onions, Sauté till the onions turns transparent and add the grated coconut and sauté till all the ingredients turns well and medium brown colour and pour it over the curry & mix well and serve hot. Enjoy with rice.