How to Make Ada Pradhaman
1) Rice Ada -1 packet (200gms)
2) Sago ( Chauwari)- 150 gms
3) Jaggery ( Sarkkara) – 500
4) Pure Cow ghee- 6-7 Table Spoon.
5) Cashew nuts- 100 gm.
6) Raisins (Kissmiss)- 100 Gms
7) Fried Coconut pieces – 50 gms
8) Cardamom Powder- 2 ½ teaspoon
9) Dried ginger Powder- 1 teaspoon ( optional)
10) Salt – ½ teaspoon
11) Grated Coconut – 4 nos.
1) Extract the Coconut milk from the grated coconut using a mixer grinder 3 times with enough water and keep it separately.
a) 1st extract of coconut milk (approximately 2 cups- thick one).
b) 2nd extract of coconut milk (3 cups- Semi thick).
c) 3rd extract of coconut milk (3 cups- Thin milk).
2) Cook Ada 15 mints in boiling water until soft then drain the excess water and wash it with some cold water to avoid sticking. ( Make sure your ada is cooked well as it will not get cooked in jaggery mix).
3) Cook the chauwari in 3-4 glasses of water till soft and transparent and keep aside.
4) Now make Jaggery syrup (Take a pan add the jiggery with water (500ml) and boil it until all the jaggery dissolved in water. Then strain it using a kitchen strainer to remove the mud particles and keep aside.
5) Fry, cashew nuts, raisins and chips of coconut separately in a frying pan using little ghee and keep aside.
6) Make the Cardamom pods get powdered and keep aside.
7) Take an Uruli or a wide pan to make the Ada Pradhaman. Put 2 table spoon of ghee in the pan then add cooked ada and sauté for few minutes then add the jaggery syrup along with cooked chauwari in a low flame till the mixture starts to mass together.
8) Now add the third thin coconut extract till thickened, Then add the second extract of coconut milk with 2-3 table spoon of ghee and cook till it becomes thick.
9) Now put the 3rd Extract of milk and stir well (Don’t let it boil) and switch off the flame immediately and remove it from the stove top. Finally add the fried cashews, raisins, coconut chips along with cardamom powder. Let it sit for ½ hour uncovered. Then serve the pradhaman at room temperature/ or chilled.