Egg less & Sugar (less) Sponge cake
1) All Purpose Flour – 1 ¾ cup.( 210 gm)
2) Cocoa Powder – ¼ cup( 30 gm)
3) Melted butter- 75 gm.
4) Yogurt – ½ cup ( 120ml)
5) Brown sugar – 2 table spoon (If you don’t have brown sugar use normal sugar)
6) Normal Water - 150 ml
7) Vanilla essence- 2 tsp.
8) Condensed milk – 405 gm. ( I used low fat Nestle condensed milk )
9) Baking Powder- 1 ¾ teaspoon
10) Baking Soda – ¾ teaspoon.
11) Salt – ¼
1) Combine the flour & cocoa powder with baking powder, baking soda and salt and sieve it thrice and keep aside.
2) In a large bowl, combine water, sugar, melted butter, yoghurt & condensed milk (use a microwave to melt it and set aside for cooling off to room temperature) use a thick wooden spatula to mix the ingredients well – beating not required).
3) Add the flour mixture slowly to the wet mixture and combine well using a wooden spatula till smooth. Finally add vanilla essence and combine well.
4) Pour the batter into a greased pan.
5) Pre-heat the microwave in 180 c and bake it for about 35 mints or bake until a cake tester comes out clean.
6) Remove the cake pan from the oven and put on a cooling rack for about 25 mints.