Step of marinade
1) Whole Chicken – 1 small ( 1 kg)
2) Kashmiri Red Chili powder – 1 table spoon.
3) Turmeric powder – 2tsp
4) Garam Masala Powder- 2 teaspoon
5) Black pepper powder – 2 teaspoon
6) Garlic – Ginger paste – 1 ½ Table spoon
7) Oil – 1table spoon
8) Salt – to taste
Lemon juice- 1 table spoon
Skin off the chicken and clean it well both inside and outside, use little lemon juice also in the final stage of cleaning and wash well, remove the excess water using a kitchen paper.
Make slits on the chicken in the breast side and the other side. Make a smooth paste using the ingredients with required water. Apply the paste all over the chicken both inside and outside. Cover it using a cling warp and refrigerate it for about 5 hours or over night
1) Boiled Eggs – 2 nos.
2) Big Onion – 1 no. (Chopped)
3) Green chilies slit- 3 or 4 nos.
4) Coriander leaves – a sprig
5) Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 table spoon
6) Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
7) Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
8) Coriander powder – 1 tsp
9) Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
10) Salt – to taste
11) Oil – as Required
12) Kitchen Twine – For tying the chicken’s leg and stomach.
Heat little oil in a pan and sauté, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste for 1 mint and add onions & sauté until it turns translucent and then add coriander leaves. Finally add masalas and sauté well till the raw smell out. Then add the boiled eggs with this masala and keep aside for cooling.
Then slowly fill the stuffing inside the chicken cavity, put the eggs first followed by the onion masala, I have switched the stomach using a twine and needle. Finally tie the legs together with twine and keep aside
For the gravy
1) Onion chopped – 2 big nos.
2) Green chillies chopped- 3 – 4 nos.
3) Tomatoes chopped – 2 medium nos.
4) Red chili powder – 2 teaspoon.
5) Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon.
6) Aniseeds (Perumjeerakam) – 1 teaspoon.
7) Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
8) Salt – to taste
9) Oil – as required
Take a medium size pan and heat oil in it and sauté, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste for 1 mint, then add chopped onions & sauté until it turns translucent. Then add the masala powders and sauté till the raw smell out and finally add chopped tomatoes till it blend well with onion masala. Then slowly transfer the chicken in to this gravy and cook covered about 20 mints in low flame (open in between and pour little gray on the top of the chicken), after 20 mints, turn the chicken and cook again for 10 more mints.
Preheat the oven in 250 Degree celceious.
Take a baking tray and drizzle little oil in it and place the chicken in the center(breast side down), and again drizzle little oil on the top of the chicken if you are using vegetables place it around the chicken, I have used potatoes, carrots and koosa. And bake it around 45 mints please flip the chicken after 20 mints .Also stir the veggies to prevent sticking to the bottom.
(NB: - You can also prepare this dish dry, without adding the gravy)