Yesterday evening suddenly I thought off making this curry and I called my friend Jeena Mathew for this recipe she narrated the recipe very quickly. The final product was really awesome & delicious.
Jeena ………… you know the recipe of your dal- palk was a hit in my house yesterday. My hubby liked it a lot & did compliment me.
But credit goes to u only ---thanx a lot Jeena ........
1) Thuvara parippu/Thur Daal- 1 cup
2) Palak – 1 bunch ( cut in to 2-3” big pieces)
3) Tomato- 1 big - Chopped
4) Big Onion – 1 big _ chopped
5) Green chilly – 2-3 nos. (Chopped lengthwise.)
6) Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
7) Garlic clove – 1 no.- Chopped
8) Salt – to taste
9) Water – 2 cups
1) Jeerakam ( cumin seeds) – ½ teaspoon
2) Ghee- 1 table spoon
3) Red chilly powder- ¼ teaspoon ( optional)
4) Shallots – 5-6
5) Curry leaves
Wash the toor dal and soak in water for about 30-40 mints. Then take a pressure cooker and combine 1- 9 ingredients and pressure cook for about 5 whistles. Allow to pressure off and open the lid, mash the dal using a wooden spatula if the dal is not cooked well. Do a taste and add salt if necessary then season the curry with the above seasoning ingredients. Enjoy the tasty, nutritious dal- palak curry with rice, dosa, appam & chappathy.