Falooda is a cold and sweet beverage containing many ingredients. Traditionally it is made by mixing rose syrup (You can substitute the flavor base with mango chocolate, saffron syrup) with vermicelli and basil seeds, jelly pieces and seasonal fruits along with either milk or ice cream/fresh cream.
Faluda is a popular summer drink too.
Ingredients For a serving of 2
1) Milk -1 cups (boiled and chilled).
2) Jelly – 4 table spoon.
3) Vermicelli – 4 Table spoon. (Cooked)
4) Ice cream (vanilla) -4 scoops.
5) Rose syrup – 2 tbsp
6) Basil seeds 1 table spoon- (soaked in water for minimum 30 minutes)
7) Pistachios /Almond /nuts (crushed) – For decoration.
Cook the Vermicelli in hot water for 5 minutes and drain all the water and cool it.
Take a serving (preferably tall) glass and add the rose syrup. Slightly glide the glass so that the rose syrup coats everywhere.
Now add the vermicelli on top of the syrup. Then add the chilled milk and then a layer of soaked basil seeds, chopped fruits and jelly finally add ice cream.
Decorate with chopped nuts and serve it.