Orange Cake Recipe:
1)1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted.
2)1 cup granulated sugar.
3) 1 teaspoon baking powder.
4) ½ teaspoon baking soda.
5) Pinch of salt.
6) ¾ cup plain whole-milk yogurt.
7) ¼ cup oil.
8) ½ Cup Butter (Room temperature)
9) 1 ½ tablespoon grated orange zest.
10) 2 large eggs room temperature. (Room temperature.)
11) 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
12) 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice/Orange syrup. (For moisten the cake)
Making the orange syrup.
Fresh Orange Juice – 1 cup
¼ cup sugar
Put the orange juice in a pan over medium heat, add the sugar, stir and let it simmer until it becomes syrupy and has reduced to about half.
Beat the sugar, butter, yogurt milk and oil until creamy white and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Add the orange zest, vanilla extract and the eggs (one at a time) till combined.
Sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then add the same slowly in to the batter (don’t overbeat). Finally fold it in a greased cake pan.
Bake the cake for about 30 -35 minutes in a preheated oven over 180 C or bake until a cake tester comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack; cool slightly. Invert the cake to a serving platter till the cakes cool down completely.
Cut the cake horizontally in to 2 even pieces and Pour syrup evenly on the cake using a cake brush. Decorate the cake with frosting cream & fresh wedges of oranges.