Cherry Nut Cake
1) All-purpose flour - 1 ½ cups
2) Sugar – 1 Cup
3) Egg – 3 nos.
4) Unsalted Butter – 100 gm.
5) Yogurt – ½ Cup
6) Baking Powder- 1 teaspoon
7) Baking Soda- ¼ teaspoon
8) Salt- ¼ teaspoon
9) Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
10) Cherry & Nuts – 1 cup
10) Orange or lime Zest – 1 ½ teaspoon (optional).
1) Combine the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt and sieve it twice or thrice and keep aside.
2) In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar (for better results make the sugar powdered) and beat well till it thickens.
3) Add the melted butter to the egg- sugar mixture and beat well (if your butter is not melted properly, use a microwave to melt it and set aside to cool before use.)
4) Add the flour mixture slowly in to the egg mixture along with yoghurt, vanilla essence and orange/lime zest and combine well using a wooden spatula.
5) Pour the batter into the greased pan along with cherry and nuts
6) Pre-heat the microwave in 180 c and bake it for about 35- 40 mints.
7) Remove the cake pan from the oven and put on a cooling rack for about 20 mints.