Kinnathappam with Jaggery
1) Roasted Rice Powder- 1 ½ cup
2) Grated Coconut – 1 no.
3) Jaggery ( sarkkara) – 3-4 long blokes.( You can replace Jaggery with sugar)
4) Ghee- 1 table spoon
5) Cardamom Powder-1 ½ teaspoon
6) Cumin Powder- 1 teaspoon.
7) Salt – little.
8) Cashew & Raisins - 2-3 table spoon.
Note: I used standard measuring cup to measure the ingredients.
1) Melt Jaggery in 1/4 cup of water until it’s done and forms thick syrup. (Strain the jaggery syrup to remove the mud particles in it and keep aside to cool)
2) Extract the milk from the grated coconut putting some water (Thick milk should be 1 ½ cup)
3) Take a mixing bowl & add rice powder, then slowly add coconut milk and jaggery syrup in to it and mix well without any lumps. Finally add the powdered cardamom & cumin powder along with little salt keep aside the batter for 30 minutes.
4) Grease the steamer pan with ghee and transfer the batter in to it and finally pour the fried cashew nuts and raisins over it. Cover the pan with aluminum foil
5) Steam it for about 25-30 minutes in medium flame.
6) Cut into desired shapes after cooling down and enjoy.