1) Onion – 1 large, cut into ¼ inch slices ( see picture )
2) All-purpose flour (or Maida)- 1 ¼
3) Baking powder -1 teaspoon
4) Chili powder – 1 teaspoon ( optional)
5) Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon- (Optional)
6) Salt -1 teaspoon
7) Egg -1
8) Bread Crumbs – ¾ cup
9) Salt - to taste
10) Oil – for frying
Separate the onion slices into rings, and set aside.
In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, chilly powder and garlic powder.
Keep whisked egg in a separate bowl, keep breadcrumbs also into a separate bowl.
First Dip the prepared onion slices into the flour mixture, then dip in to egg mixture, finally dip in to bread crumbs, the same ring again dip in to the egg mixture and bread crumbs .
Heat oil in a pan
Fry the rings until golden brown.
Drain on a paper towel, and then serve hot with desired sauce