1) Onion – 1 large, cut into ¼ inch slices ( see picture )
2) All-purpose flour (or Maida)- 1 ¼
3) Sliced mozzarella Cheese – As required
4) Baking powder -1 teaspoon
5) Chili powder – 1 teaspoon ( optional)
6) Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon- (Optional)
7) Salt -1 teaspoon
8) Egg -1
9) Bread Crumbs – ¾ cup
10) Salt - to taste
11) Oil – for frying
Separate the onion slices into rings, and set aside.
Slice the mozzarella into 4 even strips. Place a smaller onion ring in the center of a larger one. Fill the gap between the rings with strips of mozzarella. Repeat with remaining onion rings and freeze them for about 1 hour. (See the picture)
In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, chilly powder and garlic powder.
Keep whisked egg in a separate bowl, keep breadcrumbs also into a separate bowl.
First Dip the prepared onion slices into the flour mixture, then dip in to egg mixture, finally dip in to bread crumbs, the same ring again dip in to the egg mixture and bread crumbs .
Heat oil in a pan
Fry the rings until golden brown, being careful not to fry them for too long as the cheese may exude out completely.
Drain on a paper towel, and then serve with desired souse