17 August 2016
Irachi Pathri (Meat stuffed Envelope/box)
For Dough (Pathiri):
1) Wheat flour - 1cup
2) All-purpose flour (maida)- 1cup
3) Ghee – 1 teas spoon
4) Salt- as required
5) Water – as required
Make smooth dough and keep aside
You can use any meet as of your wish
1) Boneless Chicken/mutton/beef - ½ kg
2) Turmeric Powder – a pinch
3) Onion – chopped finely- 1 no.( Big)
4) Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
5) Ginger Garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
6) Garam masala Powder – ½ teas spoon
7) Green chilly chopped – 1or 2 nos.
8) Salt – for taste
9) Oil- for frying.
Cook the meet in slow fire with salt,turmeric and chilli powder .
In the meantime, in a pan heat oil and sauté onion till translucent along with ginger, garlic paste and green chilies. Once it is done add the cooked meet and sauté till combined, finally add Garam masala powder. Do a taste at tis time and adjust salt, if require any.
Take the dough and make small ball sized portion out of it and flatten each balls in to small round shape like poori,
Place the filling in the center of poori and cover it up with another poori, slowly close the edges of the poori with your hands or using a fork to make nice shape.
Now deep fry the pathiri’s in hot oil. (both sides)
Enjoy the same with a cup of tea!!!!