How to make the Cake
1) ¾ cup Cocoa powder
2) 1 ½ cups flour (+ 2 table spoon extra flour for Dusting the pan.).
3) 1 cup sugar
4) 1 teaspoons of baking powder
5) 1 teaspoon of baking soda
6) ½ teaspoon of salt
7) 1 cups of buttermilk/milk ( should be of room temperature )
8) ¾ cup of any good vegetable oil
9) 1 Table spoon of vanilla extract
10) 3 large eggs (should be of room temperature).
How to make the cake
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two 9" cake round cake pan.
2) Combine and sieve the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk sugar and eggs ( beat the eggs one at a time) then add milk,oil, and vanilla and beat well until well blended.
4) Finally mix well (fold it) the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a spatula and Pour the batter into the prepared greased pan.
5) Bake the cakes until a tester comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool the cakes in the pans for 15 minutes then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Frosting Cream Ingredients.
1) 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
2) ½ cup of confectioners' sugar (Powdered sugar) -25gm.
3) 1 teaspoon of vanila extract.
Before beginning with the actual preparation for frosting, allow the bowl and beater attachment to cool in a refrigerator for around 20-30 minutes.
Take the heavy cream in this cool bowl and whisk it. Gradually add the sugar, vanilla extract
Whisk until stiff peaks are observed, and your frosting is ready. Store in the refrigerator until required.
How to make a simple syrup to moisten the cake
1) Drinking water- 1 Cup- 240 ml.
2) Sugar- 25 Gm.
3) 1 Table Spoon liqueur or 1 table spoon of vanilla extract of your choice.
Add sugar to a small saucepan and Pour the water in to it and stir. Bring the sugar and water to a rolling boil on a medium heat, stirring constantly. The sugar will dissolve while the water boils. Turn off the heat. Cover immediately and let it cool. When the sugar syrup has cooled, stir in the liqueur or any flavorings. If the syrup has evaporated slightly, add enough water to equal 1/3 cup syrup. Use immediately or refrigerate indefinitely in a covered container until needed.
1) 1 can cherry pie for filling.
2) Dark grated chocolate shavings for decoration.
To assemble the cake
Cut the cake horizontally in 3 even pieces. Place the first layer on a cake board or plate and brush a coating of sugar syrup over the surface.
Spread a ½” layer of cream onto the cake, and top with 1/3 of the cherries. Repeat with two more layers of cake-syrup-cream-cherries, and top with the final layer of cake.
Use the remaining cream to coat the sides and top of the cake. Decorate with the grated chocolate. Refrigerate the cake until you're ready to serve.
Best of luck